NEXT STEPS IN THE NORTH BLOCK RENOVATION:
WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2017
2017 Kicks off with significant progress on the Hillsdale Shopping Center renovation. Demolition is complete and new construction is appearing:
North Block Redevelopment with New Dining Terrace over 31st Avenue
Indoor Dining Terrace
Outdoor Dining Terrace
FIRST QUARTER, 2017
- In January, 2017, 31st Avenue will close again to pedestrian and automobile traffic, and we will begin to build the new Dining Terrace structure above 31st Avenue and install new street scale improvements along 31st Avenue.
- The five-way intersection at 31st Avenue and Edison Streets closes mid February as we begin work on a new traffic roundabout. Paving and sidewalks will be removed and underground utilities will be reworked.
- New sidewalks, crosswalks, planter areas, center landscape island and paving on 31st Avenue and the roundabout will be installed.
- The North Parking Lot Garage will be closed while we install a new interior vehicle ramp, interior and exterior lighting and solar panels. A new traffic system is being considered to help customers more easily find open parking.
- Building will begin on the new North Block foundations and slabs. Toward the end of the first quarter, steel will begin to be visible on the project.
SECOND QUARTER 2017
- 31st Avenue and the five way intersection at 31st Avenue and Edison will remain closed.
- Curbs, gutters, and landscape planting areas on the new traffic roundabout appear, and we expect work to finish in Fall, 2017.
- Primary steel for all buildings continues.
- The new underground access tunnel to the Cinema building will be finished.
- The North Parking Lot will remain closed until late Fall, 2017.
- Construction on the Cinema-Cinepolis is expected to begin November, 2017, followed by the Pinstripes bowling/alley/entertainment center beginning January, 2018.
- The Dining Terrace is expected to open Spring, 2018.